DUNDEE'S GOT SOUL
Notice: Undefined index: HTTP_USER_AGENT in /home2/gotsoulorg/public_html/libraries/gantry/core/gantrybrowser.class.php on line 91
Our next Dundee Workshop Series is Spring 2018 (Thu 1 March - Thu 31 May 2018) and you can now book your place on our 14 week soul singin’ choir workshops. The term culminates in an incredible finale where you'll perform at Dundee's prestigious venue Caird Hall on Sat 2 June 2018 with a full live band and special guest Sharlene Hector.
To book a place to join us for the Spring Term 2018:
- Download and complete the Dundee's Got Soul booking form (WORD DOC) or PDF
Email/post your booking form, along with your payment (post/bank transfer)
- Your booking will be confirmed by email when we have received your booking form and payment (don’t forget to check your Spam/Junk folder)
Got Soul holds two soul singing choir workshop terms a year starting in February and September. Each term concludes in an uplifting and raucous finale concert.
Thursday evenings, 6.30pm – 8pm
Thu 1 March - Thu 31 May 2018, plus concert on Sat 2 June 2018 at the Caird Hall, Dundee.
This session is aimed at anyone 16 years and over regardless of experience, who wants to try soul singin’ or to continue to enjoy/develop their soul singin’ experience from previous terms. All we ask is that you commit to attend a term’s workshops and any extra rehearsals organised for the finale concert.
Places on these popular workshops are strictly limited and are booked on a first come first served so please make sure you book early to avoid disappointment. Performing in the end of term concert is not compulsory.
- No need to read sheet music
- No experience needed (you’re equally welcome if you’ve been singing for years – we’d love to have you)
Although optional we suggest you bring a recording device (mobile phone/dictaphone) to record your harmonies at each session to practise your harmonies in-between workshops.
The aim of our exciting, fast paced, fun and demanding 14 week series of choir workshops is to produce a highly professional concert standard in only 21 hours.
PERFORMANCE CHOIR - If you have attended one or more series of workshops with us, and have confirmed with the Music/Choir Director following an audition, you may be eligible to join the Performance Choir. Entrance to the Performance Choir also depends on the availability of places. Places in the Performance Choir are limited as are the number of voices per each vocal section. Being a member of the performance choir requires more commitment, therefore previous workshop attendance levels and participation at concerts will be taken into consideration for joining or remaining in the performance choir for next term.
- Membership of the Performance Choir requires a higher level of commitment than is expected from Workshop Choir members.
- Choir members are required to sing at other performances besides the end of term Finale concert
- Choir members need to be committed and disciplined to the required performance standard
- The pace of rehearsals is faster with more songs to learn; so it is essential for choir members to record their harmonies at each session and to listen to the recordings and practise their harmonies in between workshops
- Choir members will be invited to step forward to sing on their own during sessions. Concert/performance soloists will be selected by the Music/Choir Director.
- Choir members are expected to arrive warmed up before the session starts
- Members need to be familiar with the concept of twang.
- Please note: Regular attendance to workshops/rehearsals/staging rehearsals is crucial.
- The professional nature of our concerts requires all choir members attend the staging/dress rehearsals. Both session 1 and session 2 choirs will perform at the Finale Concert.