Our next Glasgow Workshop Series is Spring Term 2019 (Wed 27 February – Wed 29 May 2019) and you can now book your place on our 14 week soul singin’ choir workshops. The term culminates in an incredible finale concert where you'll come together with all four Got Soul Choirs with a full live band on Sat 1 June 2019.
- Download and complete the Glasgow's Got Soul Spring 2019 Booking Form
- Email/post your booking form, along with your payment (post/bank transfer) for £95/£65 concessions.
- Your booking will be confirmed by email when we have received your booking form and payment (don’t forget to check your Spam/Junk folder)
Got Soul holds two soul singin’ choir workshop terms a year starting in February and September. Each term concludes in an uplifting and raucous finale concert.
Wednesday evenings, 6.30pm – 8pm
Wed 27 February - Wed 29 May 2019
This session is aimed at anyone 16 years and over regardless of experience, who wants to try soul singin’ or to continue to enjoy/develop their soul singin’ experience from previous terms. All we ask is that you commit to attend a term’s workshops and any extra rehearsals organised for the finale concert.
Places on these popular workshops are strictly limited and are booked on a first come first served so please make sure you book early to avoid disappointment. Performing in the end of term concert is not compulsory.
- No need to read sheet music
- No experience needed (you’re equally welcome if you’ve been singing for years – we’d love to have you)
Although optional we suggest you bring a recording device (mobile phone/dictaphone) to record your harmonies at each session to practise your harmonies in-between workshops.
The aim of our exciting, fast paced, fun and demanding 14 week series of choir workshops is to produce a highly professional concert standard in only 21 hours.
- Membership of the Performance Choir requires a higher level of commitment than is expected from Workshop Choir members.
- Choir members are required to sing at other performances besides the end of term Finale concert
- Choir members need to be committed and disciplined to the required performance standard
- The pace of rehearsals is faster with more songs to learn; so it is essential for choir members to record their harmonies at each session and to listen to the recordings and practise their harmonies in between workshops
- Choir members will be invited to step forward to sing on their own during sessions. Concert/performance soloists will be selected by the Music/Choir Director.
- Choir members are expected to arrive warmed up before the session starts
- Members need to be familiar with the concept of twang.
- Please note: Regular attendance to workshops/rehearsals/staging rehearsals is crucial.
- The professional nature of our concerts requires all choir members attend the staging/dress rehearsals. Both session 1 and session 2 choirs will perform at the Finale Concert.